Harvey Frommer / Players Yankees
Remembering Yankee Stadium: Twenties / Thirties / Forties / Fifties / Sixties / Seventies / Eighties / Nineties / 21st Century
From New York Yankee September Pasts
HARVEY FROMMER ON SPORTS
NEW YORK YANKEES QUIZ (Part 1)
Love them or hate them - the Yankees are always in the news, always on the minds of baseball fans. They get the "ink" they deserve for being the most dynamic and depending on your point of view - at times - the most detested franchise in the history of baseball.
See how much you know about the Bronx Bombers - -take the Yankee quiz. (no peeking)
1. What number did Don Mattingly wear when he first came up to the Yankees?
A. 16 B. 26 C. 36 D 46
2. Who caught Dave Righetti's no-hitter on July 4, 1983?
A. Butch Wynegar B. Cliff Johnson C. Yogi Berra
3. Name the four managers who have piloted both the Yankees and the New York Mets
4. In 1977, who nick-named Reggie Jackson "Mr. October"?
A. Willie Randolph B. Thurman Munson C. Goose Gossage D. Mickey Rivers
5. Who hit two homers in one inning in 1977.
A. Cliff Johnson B. Gregg Nettles C. Reggie Jackson D. Chris Chambliss
6. Name the player Derek Jeter replaced in 1996 to become the regular shortstop.
A. Andy Fox B. Pat Kelly C. Alvaro Espinoza D. Tony Fernandez
7. What former Yankee was the first pitching coach for the New York Mets in 1962?
A. Joe Page B. Red Ruffing C. Vic Raschi D Johnny Sain
8. Who was nick-named Bulldog?
A. Jim Bouton B. Ron Guidry C. Joe Page D. Monte Pearson
9. Who pitched the first no-hitter in history against the Yankees?
A. George Foster B. Cy Young C. Bob Feller D. Hoyt Wilhelm
10 Who caught Dave Righetti's no-hitter on July 4, 1983?
11. Who caught Don Larsen's Perfect Game?
12. Who was the first major leaguer to hit two grand slams in the same game?
a-Babe Ruth b-Lou Gehrig c-Mickey Mantle d- Tony Lazzeri
13. Who was the last batter Larsen faced in that perfect game?
14. Elston Howard was the first black player on the Yankees in 1955. Who was second?
15. What number was retired by both the Mets (1965) and Yankees (1966)?
a-18 b- 37 c-22 d-16.
Frommer sports books are available direct from the author - discounted and autographed.
FROMMER SPORTSNET (syndicated) reaches a readership in the millions and is housed on Internet search engines for extended periods of time.